Windows 10 at-a-glance
Windows 10 launched globally on 29 July 2015 and touted as “the last version of Windows”, marking the end of decades of occasional heavy duty OS updates in favour of a more incremental approach. Available as a free upgrade for a year after launch, Windows 10 became full price on 30 July 2016. Here’s our round-up of everything you need to know about Windows 10.
- Windows 10 started rolling out on 29 July 2015 as a free upgrade
- Windows 10 free upgrade ended 29 July 2016 and Anniversary Update launched on 2 August
- Read our full review of Windows 10 here
- Enterprise users can manage company-wide rollouts for Windows 10 updates
- Microsoft Edge replaces Internet Explorer as Windows 10’s default browser
- Android and iOS apps will run on the new OS